Latest Inova Report to the Community highlights Inova stats, patient success stories
The latest Inova Report to the Community gives a snapshot of Inova Health System’s size, scope, financials and healthcare contributions in a number of key areas including charity care, access and innovation.
Introduced by Inova President and CEO J. Stephen Jones, MD, the report also shines a light on several recent patient success stories: A child who received lifesaving heart surgery while still in utero; a woman who finally got relief from a lifetime of epileptic seizures; the installation of the world’s smallest pacemaker.
Highlights of Inova’s Report to the Community
The 2017 Report to the Community includes information about a number of both new and long-standing programs at Inova that serve our community by providing:
- Preventive and wellness care initiatives such as the Healthy Plate Club, School Breakfast Grant, diabetes prevention and management programs, and SNAP healthy food incentive.
- Solutions for vulnerable populations (such as the FACT program, which provides forensic medical evaluation services for children and adults who have been victims of violent crime, and the Inova Juniper Program, the area’s largest provider of HIV/AIDS care).
- Access to care programs (including the Inova Cares Clinics for Women and Children, which provide pediatric and obstetric services for uninsured and low-income individuals).
- Services for our aging population such as medical house calls, ElderLink assessments, and the Hospital Elder Life Program.
- Substance abuse and mental health services for adults and children.
- The Inova Life With Cancer program, which aims to enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer by providing information, education and support free of charge.
According to Dr. Jones, “Building a healthcare resource that promotes innovation and improves lives takes vision and passion. We are proud to be the region’s not-for-profit healthcare partner, ensuring access to excellence for all.”
Important note: The numbers in the 2017 Community Report reflect data certified and available at the time of this report’s compilation.