Governor Northam visits Inova Health Advantage Clinic Serving Medicaid Enrollees
FALLS CHURCH, VA – Virginia Governor Ralph Northam visited the Inova Health Advantage Medicaid Clinic in Annandale, Virginia today in order to mark a milestone of 300,000 newly enrolled citizens under Virginia’s expanded Medicaid program.
Inova is proud to have helped lead the coalition of hospitals and healthcare systems across the Commonwealth that partnered with Governor Northam and members of the General Assembly to secure Medicaid Expansion in 2018. In addition to financially supporting the provision of Medicaid Expansion though a provider assessment, Inova has worked collaboratively with government and community partners to support patients who utilize the healthcare system through this expanded coverage.
“Today’s announcement is a momentous day for Virginia as we celebrate significant progress toward a healthier region and Commonwealth where all Virginians have greater access to quality healthcare,” said J. Stephen Jones, MD, President and CEO of Inova Health System. “Individuals who have insurance are more likely to see their primary care physician routinely, take care of chronic conditions more effectively, and stay employed longer, all of which results in an improved quality of life and more productive communities. Whether it is providing primary, acute and specialty care, or helping navigate our patients to insurance options, Inova is proud to be a part of the successful effort to provide coverage and access to care for 300,000 more Virginians.”
Inova Health Advantage Clinics provide primary care services to Medicaid enrollees to include health maintenance and disease prevention, patient education and counseling, and the treatment of acute and chronic medical conditions such as diabetes and hypertension. In addition, Inova offers a variety of safety net options for patients across Northern Virginia with Medicaid coverage and those who are uninsured or underinsured, including:
- Inova Cares Clinic for Children: providing primary pediatric care for children. Services include well-child care, immunizations, and sick care for newborns up to 21 years of age. The clinic also provides annual physicals for school and sports activities;
- Inova Cares Clinic for Women: providing outpatient prenatal and gynecological care to pregnant women. Gynecological and surgical services available to women by referral. Coordinates the delivery and required referrals for postpartum and other specialty care services;
- Inova Juniper Program: providing care for people living with HIV/AIDS;
- Simplicity Health Clinics: providing ongoing primary care, prevention and disease management for chronic illnesses like diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. Staff will assist patients who need to arrange for additional services beyond the primary care offered at Simplicity Health clinics;
- Inova Transitional Services: focusing on traditional Medicare/Medicaid, Innovation Health, Medicare Advantage and uninsured patients with chronic illnesses, those with heart failure (HF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pneumonia and diabetes.
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider, employing more than 18,000 team members and serving more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes such as the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, Inova Schar Cancer Institute and Inova Neuroscience and Spine Institute. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Founded in 1956 as the Fairfax Hospital Association, Inova has grown with its surrounding community and the region to provide a full spectrum of health services, including Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,800 licensed beds.
Four of Inova’s five hospitals have received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova Fairfax Medical Campus (IFMC) was named the #1 hospital in the Washington, DC, Metropolitan Area for the 5th time, according to U.S. News & World Report 2019-20 Best Hospitals rankings. Inova’s Gynecology department is the highest ranked in the region and #13 in the country. Of Inova Health System’s five hospitals, three ranked in the top ten in the DC region. To achieve its mission of providing world-class healthcare to a diverse community, Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
Media Contact: Katherine Boettrich, firstname.lastname@example.org, 703-204-6381