Updated March 6, 2014: We have lifted the temporary visitation limitations at Inova Loudoun Medical Campus due to decreasing influenza-like cases. We will continue to monitor the influenza-like cases reported, but do not anticipate the need to activate visitation limitations again this season.
FALLS CHURCH, VA – (February 12, 2014) – Due to increased flu-like illness activity Inova Loudoun Hospital will institute temporary changes to their visitation policy effective Friday, February 14, 2014.
These temporary measures apply to all visitors until further notice:
- No visitors under the age of 16
- No visitors with any symptoms of influenza-like illness
- Limit of two visitors at a time for each patient
- Visitors may be issued masks for use while visiting and asked to wash hands frequently
- For Women’s and Children’s, Adult Critical Care, and Oncology patients additional measures may apply
- A patient care companion is not a visitor, and is allowed to stay with the patient
“These temporary measures will help protect against influenza infection of the most vulnerable among us, including inpatients with compromised immune systems as well as our caregivers,” observed Loring Flint, MD, Inova’s Chief Medical Officer. “We appreciate everyone’s consideration and cooperation as we work together to assure the health and safety of our community during flu season.