New mothers: Inova wants to help you celebrate and relax in style
At Inova Women’s Hospital Birthing Center (on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus), new moms can now celebrate the first moments of motherhood with carefully selected food options, amenities and services
New moms can now enjoy their postpartum recovery in one of eight new luxurious suites at the Inova Women’s Hospital birthing center on the Inova Fairfax Medical Campus. Each suite offers a choice of amenity packages to optimize comfort for mom, companion and family.
“When women have a baby, it’s one of the highlights of their life, so we try to provide a little extra TLC, a little added touch to make their experience even better,” says Marisa Little, RN, Director of Operations and Growth at Inova Women’s Hospital.
A full array of childbirth services
The Inova Women’s Hospital’s standard selection of conventional amenities, includes:
- professional photographers to take baby’s first photo
- on-call menu to suit every diet
- women’s boutique that caters to a variety of needs
- bedside services for purchases and bra fittings
Upgraded childbirth amenity packages
And now, new moms can also choose between two additional upgraded amenity packages:
- The Gold Package includes a spacious private patient room with an adjoining suite where family members can lounge comfortably and a companion may stay overnight.
- The all-inclusive Diamond Package also offers a celebration gift basket, a matching spa-inspired robe and slipper set, a set of muslin blankets and sparkling water.
- Optional “Celebration Meal” or “Tea for Two” (served in your room)
- A la carte items are available.
- Concierge style services such as help with mailing a letter, making travel arrangements, or coordinating hotel accommodations.
- Read about our childbirth luxury amenity packages
“Every patient who has participated in the program has said that we’ve exceeded their expectations, and that’s really what we want to do,” says Virginia Douglas, Amenities Coordinator.
To help you unwind and have time to focus on your new arrival, the amenities program also provides complimentary resource services. Whether you have a letter to send, travel arrangements to make or hotel accommodations to coordinate, the staff is there to make it happen seamlessly.
High-risk pregnancy and surgical care suites coming soon
In the near future, the Inova Women’s Hospital will make eight additional suites available for women with high-risk pregnancies and women seeking surgical services and care. The hospital is currently exploring the potential for in-room salon services and massage therapy.
Celebration Meal or Tea for Two: A moment to cherish
To celebrate the birth of your new addition, Inova Women’s Hospital offers a Celebration Meal, a three-course fine dining experience for two served on designer linens and fine china — all in the comfort of your room.
“The Celebration Meal is an intimate meal for two and it’s to commemorate the birth of your newborn,” says Virginia Douglas, Amenities Coordinator.
Prepared by the Inova Women’s Hospital’s Executive Chef, the menu features gourmet offerings such as flame-broiled filet mignon. Prefer a light snack? Tea for Two features a selection of fine teas, mini cakes, petit fours and chocolate-dipped strawberries.
Childbirth care “at your service”
If you are registered to have your baby at Inova Fairfax Hospital / Inova Women’s Hospital and would like to purchase amenity packages or a la carte options, contact Amenity Services, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 703.776.5652. To learn more about amenity packages or a la carte options, please visit www.inova.org/amenity.