Inova hospitals receive accolades
2018 was an award-winning year for Inova Alexandria Hospital (IAH) and Inova Mount Vernon Hospital (IMVH). From awards for safety to involvement in the local community, these hospitals are proud to be recognized for the following:
- ‘A’ from The Leapfrog Group’s Hospital Safety Grade: IAH was awarded an “A” grade for Fall 2018, which recognizes the hospital’s efforts in protecting patients from harm and meeting the highest safety standards in the United States. Additionally, IMVH was awarded an “A” for the ninth consecutive year.
- 5-Star Hospital: In February 2019, IMVH was again awarded a rating of “five stars” from the CMS, their highest honor, reflecting superior clinical quality and patient care.
- Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group: One of 118 hospitals nationwide, IAH was named a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group, which considers performance across many areas of hospital care, including infection rates, maternity care and the hospital’s capacity to prevent medication errors, when making this distinction. Top Hospital is widely acknowledged as one of the most competitive honors American hospitals can receive.
- Chamber of Commerce Member of the Year: The Alexandria Chamber of Commerce has named IAH its 2018 Member of the Year. This award recognizes the hospital’s long-time involvement with the Chamber, which includes board representation, committee involvement, partnerships and sponsorships.
- Pathway to Excellence: The American Nurses Credentialing Center awarded IAH the prestigious Pathway to Excellence® designation. The distinction identifies IAH as one of the best places for nurses to work. Only 171 hospitals around the country have earned Pathway status. ￼
All of Inova’s hospitals were given star ratings for the award year 2018, and Inova still has the only hospital(s) in the Washington, DC metro area to receive 5-star awards two years running.
Inova System Stars
Learn more about the Inova’s awards and recognition.