On the leading edge of care
The Inova Thrombosis Research and Drug Development Center, located at Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI) in Falls Church, VA, is under the direction of Paul A. Gurbel, MD. Dr. Gurbel is recognized in the international cardiology and thrombosis community as a leader in the field of antithrombotic therapy.
The expertise of the Inova Thrombosis Research and Drug Development Center is centered on antiplatelet and anticoagulant drug development, and device development to facilitate personalized therapy.
The center is equipped with a state-of-the art basic laboratory and located directly adjacent to IHVI’s cardiac catheterization lab, the largest in the region. Renowned for cardiac surgery, cardiology, heart failure and electrophysiology units, the facility contains a large dedicated clinical research center, where pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic, and genetic studies are conducted. Together, these unique characteristics grant the center the capacity to conduct the most intricate investigations of platelet physiology and coagulation in a diverse population of patients with cardiovascular disease.
Clinical Trial and Research Center Capabilities
- Expedited protocol review and approval
- Dedicated 24-bed clinical research unit capable of performing Phase I-IV investigations
- 4,000 sq ft lab meets Good Clinical Laboratory Practices (GCLP) standards
- Pharmacodynamic, pharmacokinetic and genetic studies
- Antiplatelet and anticoagulant drug development
- Device studies for 510K approval
- Device development to facilitate personalized therapy
- Onsite processing for ready analysis, 24/7 stat results
- NPs, RNs, Pharmacists, phlebotomists, techs, regulatory specialists
Thrombosis Research Center online: http://www.inovaheart.org/thrombosisresearch
Office main line: 703-776-7995