In a video message on May 1, 2020, Inova’s chief executive Dr. J. Stephen Jones provided an update on the COVID-19 crisis and Inova’s role in it.
“We’ve had to make tough decisions, and work hard to ensure we will always be there for our community. But we will emerge. There is no question, this is still scary. But with each interaction, each day, each week, we all gain familiarity with ‘the new normal.’ I’ve never been prouder of this organization and the unsurpassed dedication of our team members who are its fabric – for our patients, for each other, and for our communities. There are brighter days ahead, and you can continue to count on Inova for all your healthcare needs.”
Dr. Jones’s message includes:
- Sincere thanks for the outpouring of support from community members, first responders, and local businesses
- Inova’s COVID-19 response
- Preparedness of Inova’s clinical staff to safely and effectively handle both COVID and non-COVID cases
- The benefits and availability of virtual visits (telemedicine) appointments
- Inova’s ongoing “Grade A” safety rating
- The importance of continuing to seek medical care for serious conditions like heart attack, stroke and cancer – and Inova’s ability to keep those patients safe.
- Updated safety measures at Inova facilities