Inova Healthplex – Franconia/Springfield and Fairfax County Police Department to host Health Fair and Car Seat Inspection
Sunday, May 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Alexandria VA – (April 28, 2014) – Inova Healthplex – Franconia/Springfield and Fairfax County Police Department have partnered together to host a community health fair and car seat inspection. This event is free and open to the public.
Date: Sunday, May 18
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: Inova HealthPlex – Franconia/Springfield
6355 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310
Event Features and Participants:
- Car Seat Inspections by Fairfax County Police Dept.
- Bike Rodeo and education by Safe Kids – Bring your bike and helmet!
- Blood drive by Inova Blood Donor Services
- Fire Engine and Ambulance by Fairfax County Fire Dept.
- Face painting, balloon animals, music and refreshments
- Fever Education by Inova ER staff
- Blood Pressure and Body Mass Index Screening by Inova Healthplex
- Cholesterol, cardiac, and diabetes screening and tobacco cessation education by Inova Healthsource
- Sports injury prevention by Inova Healthplex
- Stroke education by the Emergency Nurses Association
- Inova Alexandria Hospital programs and Inova Healthplex physician offices
- And many more!
Registration is not required. Learn more at www.inova.org/events
Media Contact: Allison Kenty, 703-504-3840