Update: 2 p.m. EST, March 4, 2014:
Cancellations and delays on March 4, 2014 due to the forecasted inclement weather:
- All Inova Healthsource community health education classes are canceled. Information about Inova Healthsource class cancellations due to inclement weather are provided by calling 703-698-2444.
- Inova Fairfax Gift Shops (located in the Tower, lobby of Inova Women’s and Children’s Hospitals and Inova Heart and Vascular Institute) will close at 5 p.m.
Cancellations and delays on March 3, 2014 due to the forecasted inclement weather:
- Inova Medical Pavilion – Mark Center (imaging center, Inova Medical Group – Mark Center and Inova Medical Group Breast Surgery) is closed.
- Inova Joseph Viar Jr. and Bonnie Christ Cancer Center – Alexandria is closed.
- Inova Occupational Health Center – Alexandria is closed.
- All Inova Medical Group practices (except Cardiology) are closed.
- Inova Medical Group Cardiology office at 3299 Woodburn Road, Suite 200, Annandale is closed.
- All Inova Physical Therapy Centers (outpatient) are closed.
- All Inova Urgent Care Centers will open at 11 a.m.
All Inova Healthsource community health education classes are canceled. Information about Inova Healthsource class cancellations due to inclement weather are provided by calling 703-698-2444.
- Inova Healthsource’s New Moms Support Group at Franconia Alliance Church (6315 Beulah Street, Alexandria, VA 22310), noon – 1:30 p.m., is canceled.
Inova Weight Loss Services’ ‘Navigating Together’ group is canceled.
- Inova Fairfax Gift Shops: the gift shops in the Tower and Women’s and Children’s Hospital lobby will close at 4 p.m. The gift shop in Inova Heart and Vascular institute will be closed today.
- Inova employee EpicCare training classes are canceled.
- Inova employee wellness clinic located at Cambridge Court will open at 11 a.m.
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has issued a Winter Storm Warning for which is in effect from Monday, March 3, 2 a.m. – 4 p.m, 2014. Potential of snow accumulations of 5 – 9 inches.
We encourage you to stock up today on winter preparedness emergency supplies and other preparedness items, such as extra batteries in case of power outages, make sure your cell phones are charged and purchase a charger for your car if you don’t already have one. Purchase rock salt or more environmentally safe products to melt ice on walkways. Sand also is helpful to improve traction. Make sure that snow shovels and other snow removal equipment are in a convenient place and ready to use if necessary.
Also, don’t forget your pets — bring pets/companion animals inside; move other animals to sheltered areas with non-frozen drinking water.