Inova Healthplex – Franconia/Springfield and Fairfax County Police Department to host Health Fair and Car Seat Inspection
Sunday, May 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Alexandria VA – (April 28, 2014) – Inova Healthplex – Franconia/Springfield and Fairfax County Police Department have partnered together to host a community health fair and car seat inspection. This event is free and open to the public.
Date: Sunday, May 18
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: Inova HealthPlex – Franconia/Springfield
6355 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310
Event Features and Participants:
- Car Seat Inspections by Fairfax County Police Dept.
- Bike Rodeo and education by Safe Kids – Bring your bike and helmet!
- Blood drive by Inova Blood Donor Services
- Fire Engine and Ambulance by Fairfax County Fire Dept.
- Face painting, balloon animals, music and refreshments
- Fever Education by Inova ER staff
- Blood Pressure and Body Mass Index Screening by Inova Healthplex
- Cholesterol, cardiac, and diabetes screening and tobacco cessation education by Inova Healthsource
- Sports injury prevention by Inova Healthplex
- Stroke education by the Emergency Nurses Association
- Inova Alexandria Hospital programs and Inova Healthplex physician offices
- And many more!
Registration is not required. Learn more at www.inova.org/events
Media Contact: Allison Kenty, 703-504-3840
Inova is a not-for-profit health care system located in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, serving over two million people with over 1,700 licensed beds based in Northern Virginia. Inova consists of five hospitals including the area’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care unit. Inova encompasses many health services including the nationally and internationally recognized Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), Inova Translational Medicine Institute (ITMI) on genomics, Inova Neuroscience Institute and Inova Children’s Hospital. Inova’s mission is to improve the health of the diverse community it serves through excellence in patient care, education and research. More information and statistics about Inova is at www.inova.org.