Inova Healthplex – Franconia/Springfield and Fairfax County Police Department to host Health Fair and Car Seat Inspection
Sunday, May 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Alexandria VA – (April 28, 2014) – Inova Healthplex – Franconia/Springfield and Fairfax County Police Department have partnered together to host a community health fair and car seat inspection. This event is free and open to the public.
Date: Sunday, May 18
Time: 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Location: Inova HealthPlex – Franconia/Springfield
6355 Walker Lane
Alexandria, VA 22310
Event Features and Participants:
- Car Seat Inspections by Fairfax County Police Dept.
- Bike Rodeo and education by Safe Kids – Bring your bike and helmet!
- Blood drive by Inova Blood Donor Services
- Fire Engine and Ambulance by Fairfax County Fire Dept.
- Face painting, balloon animals, music and refreshments
- Fever Education by Inova ER staff
- Blood Pressure and Body Mass Index Screening by Inova Healthplex
- Cholesterol, cardiac, and diabetes screening and tobacco cessation education by Inova Healthsource
- Sports injury prevention by Inova Healthplex
- Stroke education by the Emergency Nurses Association
- Inova Alexandria Hospital programs and Inova Healthplex physician offices
- And many more!
Registration is not required. Learn more at www.inova.org/events
Media Contact: Allison Kenty, 703-504-3840
Inova is a not-for-profit healthcare system based in Northern Virginia that serves more than 2 million people each year from throughout the Washington, DC, metro area and beyond. Inova is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care practices, and health and wellness initiatives.
Inova encompasses the full array of health services, including the area’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level IV neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). We are home to many nationally and internationally recognized programs, including Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), Inova Translational Medicine Institute (ITMI), and the Inova Dwight and Martha Schar Cancer Institute.
More information and statistics about Inova is at www.inova.org.