Updated as of 3 p.m. EST, January 22, 2014:
Cancellations and delays on January 22, 2014 due to forecasted inclement weather:
- Inova Fairfax Medical Gift Shops early closing: Women’s and Children’s gift shop is closing at 4:30 p.m., the Tower gift shop will close at 5p.m. and the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute is currently closed.
- Childbirth tours and Inova Healthsource Childbirth Education classes this evening are being held. Information about class cancellations due to inclement weather or an area emergency can be obtained by calling 703-698-2444.
- New Moms Support Group at Inova Fair Oaks is cancelled.
- All Inova Healthsource community health education classes are canceled during the day.
- The Inova employee BLS recertification at Inova Loudoun Hospital will take place.
- Inova Healthsource is monitoring the weather and provide further information about evening Childbirth classes later today, updates will also be provided on the weather hotline at 703-698-2444.
Cancellations and delays on January 21, 2014 due to forecasted inclement weather:
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus gift shops in Inova Heart and Vascular Institute and Inova Women’s and Children’s lobby are closed. The gift shop in the Tower lobby will close at 4 p.m.
- Inova Medical Weight Loss and Continue Your Success classes and EVENING exercise evaluations at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital are cancelled.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) at Inova Mount Vernon Hospital will be closed at 11:30a.m. for regular appointments, but will remain open for emergency treatments.
- Inova Medical Group primary care locations are closing at 1 p.m.
- Inova Healthsource Childbirth Education classes and support group at Inova Alexandria Hospital are cancelled today
- Inova Wound Healing Centers are closing at 11:30 a.m. (locations are at Inova Fair Oaks, Inova Fairfax – Woodburn and Inova Mount Vernon Hospitals)
- Inova Cardiac Rehab at Inova Mount Vernon is closed today
- Inova Healthsource fitness classes after 11 a.m. are cancelled due to inclement weather, for status on Inova Healthsource fitness classes scheduled for Wednesday, January 22, please call the weather hotline tomorrow at 703-698-2444.
- Employee fitness classes may be held despite inclement weather, please call weather hotline at 703-698-2444.
- For Inova staff participating in the I-66 and I-95 Commuter Shuttle Service the Commuter Shuttle Service will not operate on Tuesday, January 21, 2014. Normal operations will resume on Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has issued a Winter Storm Watch for which is in effect Tuesday, January 21, 2014. Potential for five inches or more of accumulations. Temperatures are expected to drop into the teens with winds between 10 – 15 mph with gusts around 25 mph.
We encourage you to stock up today on winter preparedness emergency supplies and other preparedness items, such as extra batteries in case of power outages, make sure your cell phones are charged and purchase a charger for your car if you don’t already have one. Purchase rock salt or more environmentally safe products to melt ice on walkways. Sand also is helpful to improve traction. Make sure that snow shovels and other snow removal equipment are in a convenient place and ready to use if necessary.
Also, don’t forget your pets — bring pets/companion animals inside; move other animals to sheltered areas with non-frozen drinking water.